Point-Counterpoint

Wednesday, July 23, 2008



Here's my epic laser tag point-counterpoint.

I wrote this in either my second or third week at The Onion. I had a little trouble at first coming up with the cornball tone of Will Gallant, but then I came across some of the message boards of adult enthusiasts and a review of some laser tag place in California by a dad. Oh boy.

The second part was tough too. I had to almost completely rewrite it on the second draft because it read like a play-by-play of Will's actions rather than a speech by this laser tag employee, and even in the second draft it wasn't quite up to par. I don't think the jokes hit as hard as in the first draft, but the piece is better overall for fitting in with this guy's voice.

Penis.

0 comments:

 
Blog | The Georgetown Heckler - Templates para novo blogger